All those working for Career Connect and any of its subcontractors and subsidiaries have a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of clients and staff. Safeguarding should not be seen as a separate activity from promoting welfare, as safeguarding or protecting from significant harm is an aspect of promoting their welfare.
Career Connect will endeavour to ensure that clients who directly or indirectly come into contact with the services provided by Career Connect are protected from harm. We will do this by:
- Ensuring that Career Connect monitoring processes include safeguarding issues
- Making sure our staff are carefully selected
- Making sure our subcontractors are carefully selected
- Providing appropriate guidance for staff, ensuring staff are aware of the signs and indications of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and can promote e-safety to clients.
- Ensuring staff understand and recognise the factors that make people vulnerable to being drawn into terrorism and are aware of what action to take in response. For example, how to make referrals to the Channel programme and where to get advice and support
- Staff and client acceptable use policies
- Ensuring Career Connect’s staff and subcontractor personnel working with young people or with offenders in custody have enhanced DBS Clearance
- Ensuring subcontractor staff working with adults have basic DBS Clearance
- Providing training opportunities to all operational staff to ensure they contribute effectively to the safety and protection of clients
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of any client in contact with Career Connect
- Taking all reasonable steps to prevent any staff member, persons working for us or member of the public from putting any vulnerable adult in a situation in which there is an unreasonable risk to their health and safety
- Not abusing any client in contact with Career Connect
- Taking all reasonable steps to prevent any staff member, persons working for us or member of the public from physically, emotionally or sexually abusing any client.
- To ensure that all incidents, including witnessed incidents, those arising from a disclosure or third party allegation, concerns involving practitioners and instances of suspected harm are recorded on the Career Connect Safeguarding Log.
This policy refers to all clients regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or religion
Want to get in touch?
Please feel free to get in touch - we'll try to respond as quickly as possible.
* note: all fields are required.