Role of Chair of Audit and Risk
As Chair of Audit and Risk and a Trustee of Career Connect, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the Committee, its governance and for reviewing its performance and effectiveness. You will direct the work the Committee on the implementation of our financial management systems, ensuring adequate risk management and control.
You will keep the Career Connect Board of Trustees up-to-date on the work of the Committee. To do this, you will need to have experience of building and maintaining effective and appropriate relationships at a senior level. You will promote the highest standards of probity, performance and governance and, as the Chair, will liaise closely with the Chief Executive, the Chair of Trustees, and Company Secretary / Assistant Director of Finance on a frequent basis.
The following knowledge, skills and experience are therefore essential:
- an accountancy, internal or external auditing and / or legal qualification and associated professional membership e.g. CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA
- highly-developed inter-personal and communication skills to be able to quickly establish and maintain relationships and confidence
- committee effectiveness and reporting from either a professional or voluntary context
- possess a well-developed business acumen, political awareness and strong influencing skills which enable the ability to challenge and hold others to account as required
- strong commitment to effective corporate governance and the Nolan public service values
- detailed understanding of risk management processes
- experience of management, leadership, performance management and transformation within similar sized organisations or charities
- an understanding of the commissioning environment and accountability structures within which our charity operates
Time commitment: This translates to approximately 1 day per month which includes time for meetings and reviewing papers / reports. Meetings are generally held in our Head Office in Liverpool; the Board of the Trustees meets bi-monthly and the Audit and Risk Committee is held at least four times p.a.
How to apply:
Please explain why you are interested in becoming a Trustee & Chair of Audit and Risk Committee with our charity and identify your skills and competencies by completing the Expression of Interest survey and uploading your resume / CV.
(Please note: completion of the Equal Opportunities Monitoring element is optional)
To learn more about the role of the Chair and our Audit and Risk Committee, please refer to the Audit and Risk Committee’s Terms of Reference below.
Want to get in touch?
Please feel free to get in touch - we'll try to respond as quickly as possible.
* denotes a required field.