The SuperPort is part of the wider North West Atlantic Gateway Strategy. By integrating the Mersey Ports, Liverpool John Lennon Airport, the Mersey Multi Modal Gateway in Halton, which handles over 100,000 containers a year it is expected that the SuperPort will create up to 28,000 new jobs – many in process, plant and machine operatives, but with significant opportunities for managers and senior officials too.
Logistics is at the heart of the SuperPort project. The efficient flow of stock between bases is essential to the profitability of an organisation and managers are constantly looking at how to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
In Logistics managers need to be:
- Able to manage and motivate people
- Able to analyse and interpret data including financial information
- Calm and flexible when unexpected things happen
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Good at solving problems and taking responsibility for your decisions
- Able to plan and prioritise
To make a success of a career in logistics you should have:
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Organisational, numerical and analytical skills
- Experience of using information technology
If you want to find out more about the opportunities in the SuperPort project please follow the links:
To find current jobs in the Low Carbon Economy sector, look at the Useful Website links on this page or search the following websites:
Or click here for other places to look for local jobs.
Want to get in touch?
Please feel free to get in touch - we'll try to respond as quickly as possible.
* denotes a required field.