Career Connect are pleased to offer schools and colleges positive, memorable and professional work engagement experiences and activities. Career Connect give young people the knowledge and competitive edge that they need to enter the labour market successfully and help them to understand the career implications of subject and course choices.
We offer brokerage to ensure the contribution of employers is linked effectively; providing synergy and meaning to programmes, enhancing their value and effectiveness.
In addition, our services include:
- Tailored packages of support to enthuse and engage your learners’
- Consultation and guidance on how schools and colleges can embed the latest labour market information into curriculum subject areas
- Direct links to local recruiting employers
- Targeted group work (preparation for work experience)
- Alumni activities
- Short term or extended work experience placements and internships
- One to one diagnostic interviews (including goal focused Action Planning)
- Support with applications to Post 16 education, employment and training opportunities
- Employability Needs Assessment using a range of high quality, tried and tested psychometric measures.
As a large College of Further Education that has held the Matrix Quality Standard for many years, assisting our students with the huge decision they make about their career choice, then providing impartial advice and guidance that helps them plan the best route to achieving it, is the cornerstone of everything we do. We employ a team of Student Advisers, all qualified to support this crucial part of our work, and our own resources are complemented with a bespoke service that we commission from Career Connect. This model of support enables us to work with Career Connect to design a customised service that really adds value. As well as maintaining a truly external perspective, which is always helpful, Career Connect work as part of our team to ensure that we provide a seamless service to our students. This model provides the flexibility and efficiency that allows us to continuously review and shape our service to meet the needs of our extensive range of curriculum, and ultimately, our students. I truly believe that the partnership approach that we enjoy with Career Connect is an invaluable asset to our service as a whole.
Sue Higginson - Principal of Wirral Metropolitan College
Want to get in touch?
Please feel free to get in touch - we'll try to respond as quickly as possible.
* denotes a required field.